This online course is based on the latest edition of Miller and Rollnick’s book Motivational Interviewing.
An evidence-based therapy, it teaches an organised way of helping clients who are reluctant to make changes to improve their health. Basically, it’s a way of having a conversation about change. You will learn how to support a person’s changes in diet, smoking, substance abuse, exercise, and medication usage; how to generate motivation in people who are not motivated; how to help your clients form a constructive plan for change; and how to constructively respond to a client’s resistance to change.
What you need to know:
- The course consists of 9 lessons, and 35 topics (see Course Details tab)
- A Motivational Reference booklet is downloadable and yours to keep
- Most lessons include a video demonstration of skills
- A number of quizzes reinforce key learnings
- The duration is approximately 6.5 hours (or less).
- This is not a webinar or zoom presentation, it is a self-paced online course you can access anytime that suits you.
- You have 30 days access to complete the course.
- A certificate is issued upon completion.